Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

Patrick McKenzie+ Your Authors @patio11 I work for the Internet, at @stripe, mostly on accelerating startups. Opinions here are my own. Sep. 11, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Hard to look at this chart and not think “Yep I need to revise upward my estimates of software businesses.”

(It may not look like that, but understand that the middle of the graph looks like “We were growing at 40% YoY and then covid happened so now we are at 36% YoY.”)

Incidentally, a recurring theme for me: it’s tough but useful to identify things where you might be at the 99th percentile of Getting It and still be undershooting.

I think there is a risk that I am basically here vis the software opportunity writ broadly.

I also think I’m probably 99th percentile for informed cryptocurrency skepticism but if I’m wrong it is almost certainly not “Insufficiently skeptical.”

Software as a business and social impact of Internet, though, main worry is “not crazy enough.”

“What would ‘more skeptical than patio11 on crypto’ even look like?”

It feels unlikely to me that insert-major-US-exchange has WireCard style fraud going on, that insert-US-bank-that-banks-crypto is a control fraud like S&L crisis, etc. Those are conceivable but I’d bet against.

You can follow @patio11.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader