Cory Doctorow #BLM+ Your Authors @doctorow Pre-order the audio- and e-book for ATTACK SURFACE, the third Little Brother book, on my first-ever Kickstarter: tinyurl.com/AttackSurfaceKS Sep. 15, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

When I launched a Kickstarter campaign to crowdfund pre-orders for the audiobook of Attack Surface (the third Little Brother book), I threw in a couple of REALLY big-ticket rewards, more or less on a lark.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doctorow/attack-surface-audiobook-for-the-third-little-brother-book/ 

1/

For $10K, you could commission a Little Brother story: I'd write a story based on an mutually agreed-upon prompt and try to sell it, and make sure your name was mentioned in any eventual sale.

I set up two of these thinking they'd never sell.

They sold in three days.

2/

As I blocked out time in my diary to write two more Little Brother stories - hardly an unpleasant chore! - I realized between these stories and the two uncollected Little Brother stories (Lawful Interception and the forthcoming Force Multiplier), I nearly had ANOTHER book.

3/

So I emailed my agent and said, "Hey, look, if three more people commission stories and I write 'em and sell 'em to magazines and whatnot, do you think someone would publish the whole thing as a collection?"

4/

And he was like: "DUH."

So here we are! I've just made three more commissions available on the Kickstarter. If you've got $10K and want to help birth another Little Brother book - a short story collection, title to be determined, this is your chance!

5/

And if you don't want to spend $10K (which, you know, FAIR ENOUGH), your $15 pre-order of the Attack Surface audiobook and/or $14 ebook (or $25 bundle) will make a gigantic difference, not just to me, but to competition and authorship:

https://pluralistic.net/2020/09/13/theory-of-change/#avalanche 

6/

Also, if you're already a backer, I've got some errata for you: last night I told how to get the free audiobook and ebook of Force Multiplier, but I screwed up.

Here's the correct info:

7/

If you're in the UK, Aud, NZ, SA India or another English-speaking country (but NOT US or Canada) here's the form for the bonus story:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBcoOM3m3fCwipXRcexWuBD4nZMIF13r2StmSnpT5amD4Icg/viewform 

And if you're in any non-English-speaking country, email your receipt to:

[email protected]

SORRY!

eof/

You can follow @doctorow.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader