Gavin Baker
+ Your AuthorsArchive @GavinSBaker Husband, Becky Painter. CIO, Atreides Management. Former PM, Fidelity OTC fund. No investment advice, views all my own. gavin-s-baker.com/ Dec. 05, 2020 1 min read

1) Curious to see if this works.

“Highland Park will create its portfolio based on the efforts of thousands of people...some will get retainership similar to their salary and a cut of profits on their ideas...contributors will get their track records.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-04/hedge-fund-startup-turns-to-crowdsourcing-to-pick-top-trades 

2) “We’re trying to Moneyball a little bit...We are trying to find that middle market of portfolio managers and analysts, the up and coming number two superstars that are trapped elsewhere, all those that have been run over and discarded for the wrong reasons.”

3) “Upside Technologies” will “source, monitor and refine investment ideas.”

Most multimanagers have systems like this for the sell side and crowdsourcing has been tried before in quant with mixed results.

Curious how the compliance systems will work.

https://upsidetechnology.co 

4) Anyways, I wish them good luck and I am interested to see how the “all-comers” aspect of this works out with respect to fundamentally driven ideas.

Deep respect for anyone who takes a risk and starts a fund. It’s not easy.

You can follow @GavinSBaker.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader