Stephanie Hurlburt
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sehurlburt Businesses: @_binomial @artbysehurlburt Instagram: instagram.com/sehurlburt 🏳️‍🌈 She/her Dec. 15, 2020 1 min read

Met with my doctor today about vitamin D & B12. Reminded me how in a mental health program I used to be in, they'd test everyone for D & B12 before prescribing any psychiatric medication, and most times added those vitamins to the dosage because they helped mental health so much

For me she recommended 5k IU of D twice a week or 12k once a week, but only if I promised to get tested again in 3 months to avoid D toxicity. For B12 she recommended 1000 mcg daily tablets I could melt under my tongue. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I think she's partially puzzled by my CPTSD symptoms. Like she's also convinced I have sleep apnea. I tried to explain that trauma can and will cause literally all of these symptoms but the optimism is kinda refreshing, so I'll play along. Maybe I could use more of that attitude.

You can follow @sehurlburt.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader