Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Michael
+ Your AuthorsArchive @michaeltefula finance dev @my_tickr | venture partner @adaventures | team @diversityvc | my books in link below | views my own Dec. 31, 2020 1 min read

I'd rephrase the lessons from this article to this:

(1) Markets don't always reflect the economy, but they always reflect optimism or pessimism about the future, which in turn may or may not be well-justified.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lessons-from-a-crazy-year-in-financial-markets-11609410602 

(2) It pays to save/invest consistently, even in downturns, provided you also always maintain healthy cash reserves ('dry powder'). (Ps. Trying to time the market doesn't work for most people.)

(3) Plans/forecasts are less frustrating when you take them for what they are: educated guesses, not prophecies. Guess-estimating how things will pan out and working smart to get to a desired outcome is still worthwhile, but for sanity's sake, make room for randomness of outcome.

(4) Tech/software continues to excite retail investors, but other areas like education, energy, food, healthcare, financial services, logistics, etc shouldn't go amiss in a diversified portfolio.

You can follow @michaeltefula.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader