Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Mei
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sarahmei Software engineer & founder of @RailsBridge and @LivableCode. Currently stirring the pot at @SalesforceUX. She/her. ✨Twitter at the speed of parenting✨ Jan. 05, 2021 1 min read

My mode of software development is to just start trying things. But I love working with people who need to read all the docs first.

I used to think that was a waste of time & I wanted a whole team like me, but it turns out - my mode isn’t always the right way to go.

I also like to use boring, reliable technology. But I love working with people who are into the new hotness.

Because it turns out, boring & reliable isn’t always the right answer, and I need people pushing me to consider the new hotness - because sometimes they’re right.

My goal is to write more great software, and while you might SOMETIMES get great software from a team of people who all think like me, you will CONSISTENTLY get great software from a team of people who have a variety of approaches.

We all need to trust each other, and we also need to put a lot of energy into understanding each other. We will write less code than the all-Sarah team. But we will write better software.

This thread inspired by @avdi’s most recent SIGAVDI newsletter.  https://avdi.codes/sigavdi/  🙌🏻

You can follow @sarahmei.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader