Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Mei
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sarahmei Software engineer & founder of @RailsBridge and @LivableCode. Currently stirring the pot at @SalesforceUX. She/her. ✨Twitter at the speed of parenting✨ Jan. 11, 2021 1 min read

One thing I am actually really surprised by is that  http://parler.com  is hard down. Nothing's there. Not even a blog for updates, or an email sign up page. They couldn't find some small white-supremecist hosting company to put up a brochure, to keep their faithful updated?

It sorta makes me suspect that they're not even trying, that they've called it and folded. Or that it was never about the faithful - it was always about keeping the Mercers happy.

It certainly doesn't make me think they're more of a victim. More incompetent, maybe, but not more of a victim.

I am told by a reliable source that their DNS TTL was still 24 hours right before they went down. They didn't lower it. So it might just be incompetence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can follow @sarahmei.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader