Yashar Ali 🐘
+ Your AuthorsArchive @yashar New York Magazine/HuffPost Contributor Email: [email protected] Direct Messages Open Text/Call/Signal/Confide/WhatsApp: 310-795-2497. Feb. 22, 2021 1 min read

1. Last night, I watched the 4 part HBO doc "Allen vs Farrow" about child abuse allegations against Woody Allen

It premieres tonight

"Compelling" is overused but I can't think of any other word in this case. Lots of new evidence presented from video/audio, court records

(cont)

2. It also features interviews with Dylan, Mia, and Ronan Farrow, other family and friends.

Included are new interviews with people like Frank Maco, the prosecutor who said there was probable cause but declined to prosecute due to his desire to spare Dylan the trauma of a trial.

3. It does not, however, have any interviews with Woody Allen, Soon Yi Previn, or Moses Farrow. They all declined to participate. It does include audio clips from Woody Allen's 2020 audio book and other interviews with him.

(cont)

4. One of the other important parts of this documentary is the reminder of Woody Allen's obsession with very young women. Is that criminal behavior? Absolutely not, but it's just gross from my perspective and also speaks to his character.

5. I always felt his relationship with Soon Yi-Previn, while legal, to be incredibly inappropriate and representative of who he is.

That on its own is enough for me.

Dylan Farrow’s story is compelling and credible. And she has weigh more evidence on her side than he does.

You can follow @yashar.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader