1) “Every business is still a meme...if we the VCs can help make that meme, that helps with customers, with employees, that’s actually a big part of the war to get the best engineers, designers and product people to work at these places.”
Funny & 💯 true
2) “Ever since the Cognitive Revolution, Sapiens have been living in a dual reality. On the one hand, the objective reality of rivers, trees and lions; and on the other hand, the imagined reality of gods, nations and corporations...
3) ...As time went by, the imagined reality became ever more powerful, so that today the very survival of rivers, trees and lions depends on the grace of imagined entities such as the United States and Google.”
- Yuval Noah Harari in “Sapiens.”
4) Harari’s idea that the ability to believe in shared myths like corporations and nations was what led to humans being able to cooperate beyond the Dunbar number is just so cool.
And since companies are just imagined entities, meme reinforcement from their investors matters. 😀
You can follow @GavinSBaker.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.