Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Jamie Lewis
+ Your AuthorsArchive @SarahJamieLewis Executive Director @OpenPriv. Cryptography and Privacy Researcher. @cwtch_im icyt7rvdsdci42h6si2ibtwucdmjrlcb2ezkecuagtquiiflbkxf2cqd May. 02, 2021 1 min read

Today I finally got back to doing some radio stuff with a 3D printed weather satellite antenna build!

Conditions weren't amazing today, but pretty happy with the initial results considering I had to improvise some of the parts.

Still have to experiment with antenna placement to minimize interference, and replace the actual rods with something more study than the wire I used today - and probably replace my sdr as it isn't in the best shape which I think is contributing to the noise.

But I was also able to decode several orbcomm passes today which experimenting, and get some less great images from ridiculously low noaa passes so I'm very happy with the performance so far.

For those interested here is the bracket I ended up going with for this build:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4439090 

A few tests from these evening.

You can follow @SarahJamieLewis.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader