Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Jamie Lewis
+ Your AuthorsArchive @SarahJamieLewis Executive Director @OpenPriv. Cryptography and Privacy Researcher. @cwtch_im icyt7rvdsdci42h6si2ibtwucdmjrlcb2ezkecuagtquiiflbkxf2cqd Jun. 19, 2021 1 min read

I acquired a NanoVNA so I could do some more refined antenna analysis.

It arrived today, and I played around with it a little this evening on my 137mhz dipole, knocked the swr from 1.68 to 1.21 - and I think the initial results speak for themselves.

The quality of my dipole has improved dramatically, I can now get a nice strong signal on METEOR-2 passes, here is a nice pic of California from this evening.

I live no where near California...so that's pretty cool.

Some older captures, and some antenna info can be found in these older threads, the difference in quality is pretty obvious

Some waterfall screenshots from this evening.

The main fix I made to the antenna was trimming the dipoles a couple of centimetres - they were evidently a little too long taking into account the rest of the antenna and so the lowest swr was around ~132mhz

Small change, but evidently an effective one.

I realized that in my haste earlier I messed up one of the Meteor-M2 post processing steps...with the correct parameters i get a *much* fuller image!

Last one of the evening. So happy with the quality of these images now.

You can follow @SarahJamieLewis.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader