Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Mei
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sarahmei Software engineer & founder of @RailsBridge and @LivableCode. Unemployed until August! Black Lives Matter. she/her Jul. 12, 2021 1 min read

TERFs are the worst. Morally repulsive AND factually wrong. The worst part is that they call their abuse of trans folks “fighting for their rights as women.”

I guess I’ve lived long enough to see my activism co-opted by the baddies.

Women are women! Trans women are part of that! As a uterus-haver, I am not bothered by penis-havers being women! Some of them always have been anyway. The whole “sex not gender” thing is just incredibly stupid.

Let me address my fellow uterus-havers:

Remember that one male teacher in high school who creeped you out? Or maybe that senior boy when you were in middle school? Or a friend of your dad’s when he got drunk at a party your parents threw?

Well, congrats, radfems. By creeping on people’s genitals, you have now assumed the mantle of creepiness! You have become That Guy.

Don’t be That Guy. Chill out with the genital policing.

Get over your insecurity about whether you’re enough of a woman.

You are. We all are.

This rant brought to you by “lots of time on my hands” and “seeing terfs in my partner’s mentions.”

You can follow @sarahmei.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader