Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Note: This thread is related to #COVID19.

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection. Avoid the three Cs: Crowded places, Close Contact Settings & Confined spaces. Airborne aerosols play an important role in transmitting COVID-19.

- Avoid crowded places and limit time in enclosed spaces

- Apply social distance

- Air rooms by opening windows & doors

- Keep hands and surfaces clean, cover coughs & sneezes

- Wear a mask when you are not at home or when physical distancing is not possible

Sarah Mei
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sarahmei Software engineer & founder of @RailsBridge and @LivableCode. Engineering at @BackerKit. Black Lives Matter. she/her Aug. 09, 2021 1 min read

THIS. My kids are both vaccinated, but if they weren’t, I would NOT be sending them back to in-person school at @SFUnified next week.

I think it’s criminal that @SFUnified is forcing young kids who can’t be vaccinated back to in-person school. They’re not offering any viable online option. They’re not requiring teachers or staff to be vaccinated.

This isn’t really my fight - my kids are older, vaccinated, safer. But I am feeling so bad for parents of younger kids in SF right now, and so angry that our school district is putting kids at risk this way.

At the @SFUnified town hall last week, they said 1) few kids get it and 2) when they do, it’s mostly mild.

Both are true, but delivery was tone deaf and ignored parents fears. We don’t have much data about the long term effects of COVID in kids.

The school district shrugging and saying “eh, if kids get covid it’s fine” is irresponsible given the (lack of) data we have.

Not to mention, it’s out of touch with what parents want.

You can follow @sarahmei.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader