I could keep this thread going for hours, but here are a few of my favourites.
1. I love the "Zank you for twavelling on Deutschuh Bun" announcements on the train when arriving at your destination.
2. I love that drinking a beer on the way to a party, or on the train is completely acceptable.
I also love that pulling into a beer garden at 11am for a radler is completely acceptable on a summer's day.
3. I love that you go to the bakery separate from your shop, which you do two or three times a week since your fridge is tiny.
The bread is cheap, and there are always belegte (filled) brötchen (rolls) if you're feeling lazy.
4. I love that slapping my hands on my knees when seated, and saying 'Sooooo..." is widely accepted as a signal I want to leave.
5. I love saying 'Servus', 'Grüß Gott' or 'Hallo' to every one of the hundreds of hikers I meet on any of the immaculate trails around my area.
6 I love the windows that open diagonally inwards, and that everyone uses them to air out their rooms.
7. I love railway station döner joints, or sausage stands. Sometimes the grittiest places (looking at you Pforzheim) have the best places.
You can follow @MikeStuchbery_.
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.