If you're on the fence about the recall and not sure if you want to vote yes, here are reasons with references why you should vote YES to recall Gavin Newsom (Thread below)
1) $30 billion in EDD fraud. According to an audit that blamed Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration for “significant missteps and inaction” costing taxpayers $10.4 billion and counting. https://bit.ly/2Wa8ImB
To put in perspective, that's enough to pay every single public school teacher a 6 figure salary.
2. California has the highest poverty rate in the nation. Under Newsom homelessness has increased by almost 7%. There are now homeless camps under freeway overpasses and on vacant land throughout the state.
3) Newsom claimed the state conducted fire prevention work on 90,000 acres, but the state’s own data shows the real number is actually only 11,399 acres resulting in the worst fire season on record.
4)Despite having the highest taxes in the nation & a $75 billion surplus Gavin Newsom looks to continue to increase taxes on Californians. https://bit.ly/3zdhAWO
5) When Newsom told CA to shut down resulting in devastating permanent business closures he attended a fancy dinner at the elite French Laundry restaurant. In attendance was one of Sacramento’s most powerful lobbyists.
6) Newsom has put special interests before kids and kept schools closed. Parents had to sue to force schools to reopen. Meanwhile, Newsom sent his kids to private school.
7)Under Newsom’s failed leadership, the exodus of jobs and productive citizens from California has accelerated. Major companies have relocated and California lost a Congressional seat for the first time in history. https://cnb.cx/2UEJs72
8)CA energy policies have failed: Newsom has acknowledged that blackouts have resulted from California’s failure to “predict and plan” but he has still signed legislation that has made the problem worse. https://bit.ly/3goN5pe
9) Newsom has declared the state’s water shortage a state of emergency and he has asked residents to conserve. However, he has done nothing constructive to create any new water storage, which the state desperately needs.
10) Newsom signed unfair legislation impacting up to 2 million independent contractors ranging from hair stylists to truckers to actors to healthcare workers. Under AB 5, workers lose their ability to set their own schedules & many have lost their jobs.
Lastly, if you're still not convinced go back through the list and replace the name Newsom with the name De Santis, Abbott or Noem and see if you become pissed off. If you do, then it's time to recall Newsom.
You can follow @itsrayperez.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Threader is an independent, ad-free project created by two developers. Our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Sign up today to compile, bookmark and archive your favorite threads.