Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Sarah Jamie Lewis
+ Your AuthorsArchive @SarahJamieLewis Executive Director @OpenPriv. Cryptography and Privacy Researcher. @cwtch_im icyt7rvdsdci42h6si2ibtwucdmjrlcb2ezkecuagtquiiflbkxf2cqd Aug. 30, 2021 1 min read

For those who were interested, after taking it out for its inaugural 24hour drift scan, I wrote up my adventures building a home made radio telescope to detect the 21cm hydrogen line!

https://pseudorandom.resistant.tech/homemade-hydrogen-line-radio-telescope.html 

If anyone finds themselves heading down the amateur radio astronomy path after reading this feel free to get in touch with questions/tips etc.

I also plan to release the software I've written at some point in the future although it definitely still needs a few more iteration cycles before it could be useful for anyone else.

Also I tried to keep this post pretty high level with lot of pointers to else where, but if there is anything you would like detail on please let me know :)

The thread where I documented the first 24hour drift scan is here. It contains more in progress pictures / charts.

Speaking of polishing my post-processing scripts. Here is a new chart I just added which overlays various observations in the direction of particular constellations / stars.

You can follow @SarahJamieLewis.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader