Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

foone
+ Your AuthorsArchive @Foone Hardware / software necromancer, collector of Weird Stuff, maker of Death Generators. (they/them) ko-fi: ko-fi.com/fooneturing Oct. 15, 2021 1 min read

Ahh, the screw that says "I enjoy making other people's lives harder for no reason"

It used to screw into the wooden case of a phone from the 70s. I had to disassemble it to repair the faux-ivory engraving.

This one. I didn't do much to the engraving other than unbend it a bit and glue it back together, but at least now it's not falling apart.

And I have a nice set of screwdriver bits! It has one that's definitely too small and one that's slightly too big.
(and then three more that are way too big)

Sorry to all the Canadians who feel personally insulted that I dared malign the good name of their beloved Robertson Screw

btw this isn't saying "all robertson screws are bad"
I'm specifically saying THIS ONE is bad.
I have like, hundreds if not thousands of screwdriver bits. taking things apart is like 90% of my job

none of them match this fucker

I don't know if it's some obscure variant or it's just too full of 50 years of crud or it's an obsolete 1970s size that no one uses anymore, but none of the many robertson screw bits I have fit this thing

I meant to say "I'm a reverse engineer, taking things apart is 90% of my job"

You can follow @Foone.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader