Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

foone
+ Your AuthorsArchive @Foone Hardware / software necromancer, collector of Weird Stuff, maker of Death Generators. (they/them) ko-fi: ko-fi.com/fooneturing Oct. 21, 2021 1 min read

Bad idea: a keyboard with Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons, and thanks to some wacky emulation shenanigans it actually pulls up the menu from that OS when pressed

I could do this really easily with my current setup, actually. It'd just be the lazy way out: windows button actually sends "switch to kvm computer 1, wait a sec, then press windows key", and so on for my Linux and Mac computers.

Computer 4 is currently unused. Previously I've had a c64 mini there, but I think I might implement a dos machine. It'd require some adapters but it'd be cool to be able to kvm over to like Duke Nukem 1

The main trick is that my current kvm is usb only, and I don't know of any devices to let you do usb-to-ps2. You'll find some listed as doing it, but they're actually ps2-to-usb mislabeled.

You can follow @Foone.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader