Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

foone
+ Your AuthorsArchive @Foone Hardware / software necromancer, collector of Weird Stuff, maker of Death Generators. (they/them) ko-fi: ko-fi.com/fooneturing Oct. 22, 2021 1 min read

it's frankly amazing that a company as big as google has rolled out the background-removal tech on google meet and it still can't deal with LONG HAIR

or is the "what if you had a short haircut? find out, using our amazing video filter!" supposed to be one of the selling points of this shit?

it's especially weird because I'm wearing some big over-the-ear headphones when I'm on google meet.
It manages to keep those in just fine, despite being something that's not part of the normal head shape

but hair? something I grew myself? NOPE THAT MUST BE WEIRD AND UNUSUAL, MUST REMOVE

hey google, tell me you developed your algorithm on a bunch of short haired men without saying it explicitly

gonna make a background image that's just my hair, then upload it as a custom background, so that google meet will re-add my hair

it's even funnier when I don't select a background, but instead just click "blur background"
Because it still cuts out my hair, but since it is showing the background with blurriness, it makes it seem like it's trying to censor my hair

gotta get all gaussian on my hair because WHAT IF SOMEONE UNDERAGE SAW IT?

subscribe to my onlyfans for upclose unrated explicit pictures of my hair

You can follow @Foone.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader